Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Blepharospasm
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing blepharospasm. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Blepharospasm may involve patterns such as -
lung wind invasion - wind heat
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C3 huatuo, C4 huatuo, C5 huatuo, ST 11, ST 12, Yiming, GB 8
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewSides of Spine at C4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C4) - C4 innervates the areas of the mouth, jaw and chin. May be used for a range of dental issues, bell's palsy, tmj as well as shoulder tension and/or neck issues due to holding tension in the upper parts of the body.
Used extensively within…
- ViewSides of Spine at C5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C5) - C5 innervates the areas of the larynx and pharynx, area is used for cough, tonsilitis, asthma, neck pain, snoring (often with C3 huatuo), vocal issues (loss of voice, etc.).
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Ther…
- ViewEye Brightening (EX YI MING) - Sleep issues - insomnia, dream-disturbed sleep.Eye Disorders.Tinnitus.
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewQi Abode (ST 11) - Local point - sore/swollen throat - counterflow qi, cough, hiccups, reflux.
Neck pain - pain, inability to turn neck.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point to open the circulation of the common carotid artery. Useful for conditions su…
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
GB 12, Ouch Point, LV 3, KD 1
- ViewCompletion Bone (GB 12) - Dispel exterior & interior wind from the head - tinnitus, tremors in the head, occipital headache, neck rotation ROM issues.
Regulates and calms the spirit - insomnia
- ViewGushing Spring (KD 1) - Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, po…
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…