Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Bronchitis
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing bronchitis. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Bronchitis may involve patterns such as -
kidney yang deficiency,
lung dampness - phlegm cold,
lung dampness - phlegm heat,
lung qi deficiency,
lung wind invasion - wind cold,
lung wind invasion - wind heat,
spleen qi deficiency,
spleen yang deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T6 huatuo, CV 17, LI 17, GB 8
- ViewChest Center (CV 17) - Main point for tonification of the upper warmer.
Hui Meeting Point of the Qi - tonify and move the Qi of the body.
Chronic lung issues - cough, asthma, SOB, diaphragmatic pain.
Breast issues - insufficient lactation, mastitis.
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewSides of Spine at T6 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T6) - T6 innervates the diaphragm, used for a range of respiratory issues, asthma, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.. Also used for esophageal issues (more on the left side) including a supporting role in some types of reflux and other dige…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
KD 26, KD 27, CV 4, LU 7, ST 10
- ViewOrigin Pass (CV 4) - Generally, useful for deficiencies of Yin, Yang, Qi & Blood.
Main point for tonifying Prenatal Qi - exhaustion, weakness, chronic fatigue/diseases.
Main point for Kidney deficiencies of Qi, Jing a/or Yang - low back pain, bone disord…
- ViewLively Center (KD 26) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing - useful for phlegm stagnation.
Digestive issues, nausea, vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
Steaming Bone Disorder.
- ViewShu Mansion (KD 27) - Opens & relaxes the chest - asthma, constricted breathing, cough, chest tightness.
Tonify KD Deficiency leading to adrenal exhaustion - fatique, lowered immunity.
Local point for neck a/or jaw issues - pain, tension
- ViewBroken Sequence (LU 7) - Exterior Wind - body aches, chills/fever, runny nose, scratchy throat, sneezing.
Internal Wind - bell's palsy, twitching, spasms, lockjaw.
As Master Point of the CV, paired with KD 6 of the Yin Qiao Mai - treats genitourinary and gynecol…
- ViewWater Prominence (ST 10) - Local point - swollen/sore throat, shortness of breath, goitre, scrofula.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the common carotid artery and the vagus nerve. Useful for issues such as high cholesterol, const…