Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Cholesterol
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing cholesterol. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
GB 8, LI 18, ST 12, T10 huatuo (Left), GB 34, ST 10
- ViewSides of Spine at T10 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T10) - T10 (Left) innervates the gall bladder and is used for issues such as gallstones, high cholesterol and other digestive issues.
T10 (Right) innervates the bile duct and is used for gallbladder/bile duct related issues.
Used extensively wi…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewYang Mound Spring (GB 34) - Hui Meeting of the Sinews - useful for treating soft tissue anywhere in the body, contracture, cramping, pain, spasm, weakness, numbness, paralysis.
Sciatica and issues with the low back, hip, a/or lower limbs, knees.
All disorders of th…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewWater Prominence (ST 10) - Local point - swollen/sore throat, shortness of breath, goitre, scrofula.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the common carotid artery and the vagus nerve. Useful for issues such as high cholesterol, const…
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
CV 13, LV 3, ST 21, T9 huatuo
- ViewUpper Venter (CV 13) -
CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues (vomiting, hiatal hernia, hiccups, epigastric pain), whereas CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues and CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues.
Abdominal pain a/or distention, epigastic …
- ViewSides of Spine at T9 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T9) - T9 (Left) innervates the stomach and is used for a range of digestive issues including gas, bloating, ulcers and heartburn as well as stomach cancer.
T9 (Right) innervates the liver and is used for a range of physical liver as well as liv…
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…
- ViewBeam Gate (ST 21) - Tonifies Middle Warmer, assists CV 12.
Epigastric pain, accumulations of food in the abdomen a/or palpable masses, vomiting.
Diarrhea, poor appetite, anorexia.