The acupuncture point "GB 34" , 陽陵泉, is represented by "Yang Ling Quan" in pinyin and "Yang Mound Spring" in english and may be found:
In a depression anterior and inferior to the head of the fibula
Of many possible clinical applications, it may be considered to influence the following issues/symptoms:
- Hui Meeting of the Sinews - useful for treating soft tissue anywhere in the body, contracture, cramping, pain, spasm, weakness, numbness, paralysis.
- Sciatica and issues with the low back, hip, a/or lower limbs, knees.
- All disorders of the lateral regions of the body.
- Lower He Sea of the GB - effects GB organ, usually with GB Damp-Heat conditions, cholecystitis, hepatitis, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, bitter taste in mouth, gallstones.
- Shao Yang level diseases presenting with alternating chills/fevers, costal pain, bitter taste in mouth.
- LV attacking SP - counterflow Qi, nausea, vomiting, indigestion.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Sciatic nerve issues, leg muscle issues (cramps, fatigue), gallstones.
Gb 34 has the following theoretical associations which serve as important guideposts in designing an effective treatment protocol:
Explore gb 34 functional groupings theory - Hui Meeting and/or Lower He Sea, or read all point categories and related theory.