Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Sciatica
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing sciatica. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Sciatica may involve patterns such as -
kidney qi deficiency,
kidney yang deficiency,
liver and gallbladder damp heat,
liver blood deficiency,
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T7 huatuo, L1 huatuo, L2 huatuo, L3 huatuo, L4 huatuo, L5 huatuo, LI 18, GB 17
- ViewSides of Spine at L1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L1) - L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing Sys…
- ViewSides of Spine at L2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L2) - L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, according…
- ViewSides of Spine at L3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L3) - L3 innverates the prostate in men and the ovaries in women. In women, then, this point may help with a range of ovarian issues - cancer, fertility and/or menstrual issues, cysts, etc. In men this point can be very helpful for prostate pr…
- ViewSides of Spine at L4 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L4) - L4 innervates the large intestine and is used for a range of colon issues, distention, diarrrhea, constipation, crohn's, IBS and more. Also useful for low back and/or sciatic pain, weakness in the lower extremities, etc. Collections of d…
- ViewSides of Spine at L5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L5) - L5 innervates the descending colon and is used for the entire range of bowel issues, hemorrhoids, constipation, IBS, diarrhea, etc. The huatuo at L1 or L2, however, is often the area that is blocked with this range of issues. This area m…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewUpright Construction (GB 17) - Clears Heat and Regulates the Gallbladder.
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
C1 huatuo, GV 20, GB 34, Ouch Point
- ViewSides of Spine at C1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C1) - C1 innervates the top of the head and is an important juncture between the brain and body. Affects the parietal lobe, sensory and motor areas of the brain.
If patient has predominately left sided problems, then the right side of C1 wil…
- ViewYang Mound Spring (GB 34) - Hui Meeting of the Sinews - useful for treating soft tissue anywhere in the body, contracture, cramping, pain, spasm, weakness, numbness, paralysis.
Sciatica and issues with the low back, hip, a/or lower limbs, knees.
All disorders of th…
- ViewHundred Convergences (GV 20) - Main point for headache, dizziness, eye pain and redness, irritability, hypertension from excess yang in the upper body, often occuring with patterns of excess Liver yang or Liver fire. Combine with lower body points such as LV 2, LV 3, KD…