Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Sleep Apnea
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing sleep disorders (sleep apnea). The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
C3 huatuo, T7 huatuo (Left), UB 9, GV 17, GV 22, GB 8, KD 24
- ViewSides of Spine at C3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT C3) - C3 innervates the eyes, sinuses, temporal lobe areas and and is used for a range of eye, vision and sinus issues. In the right circumstances, combines well with Yintang and LI 4.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Re…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewValley Lead (GB 8) - Migraine, one-sided or unilateral headaches and associated nausea, vomiting a/or visual disturbances.
Hangover, eases headache and harmonizes the middle jiao.
In the Bronze Man this point is indicated for cold & phlegm in the Diaphragm & S…
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewFontanel Meeting (GV 22) -
Nasal issues - congestion, olfactory problems (i.e. distinguishing smells), nosebleed, polyps.
Headaches, primarily from wind in the Chinese Medicine sense of the term, dizziness, vertigo.
Psychological issues, particularly…
- ViewSpirit Ruins (KD 24) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing.
Breast distention - moves qi stagnation in the chest.
Palpitations, abdominal bloating, panic attacks arising from digestive issues.
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
KD 1, LV 3, KD 25, SI 16, ST 11, KD 23
- ViewGushing Spring (KD 1) - Descends excess from above, useful for LV Yang Rising or LV Fire - headaches, tinnitus, hypertension, epilepsy.
Cooling KD empty heat - chronic sore throat, dry mouth, low back pain.
Tonify KD/HT Yin - insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, po…
- ViewSpirit Seal (KD 23) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing.
Vomiting - harmonizes stomach.
- ViewSpirit Storehouse (KD 25) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing.
Vomiting, reflux, digestive issues - harmonize stomach.
- ViewGreat Surge (LV 3) - Generally, resolves stagnation and tonifies Yin - balancing for all LV pathologies.
LV Qi Stagnation / LV Yang Rising - headaches, dizziness, canker sores.
Eye issues - blurred vision, red, swollen, painful eyes.
Menstrual issues from D…
- ViewCelestial Windows (SI 16) - Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
Ear issues - tinnitus, deafness, pain.
Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- ViewQi Abode (ST 11) - Local point - sore/swollen throat - counterflow qi, cough, hiccups, reflux.
Neck pain - pain, inability to turn neck.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point to open the circulation of the common carotid artery. Useful for conditions su…