Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Aortic Stenosis
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing aortic stenosis. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Aortic Stenosis may involve patterns such as -
heart blood deficiency,
spleen qi deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
LI 17, UB 9, GV 17, TH 17, Tiandong, T5 huatuo
- ViewSides of Spine at T5 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T5) - T5 influences the heart and pericardium systems - in the tam healing system the left side is more for heart issues and the right is more for pericardium issues. A range of psychoemotional issues, depression, anxiety, etc. as well as cardi…
- ViewSky Movement (EX TIAN DONG) - Note: This point is not a standard acupuncture point, it was developed by Master Tam for use within the Tam Healing System.Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery. Useful for alzheimer's, b…
- ViewBrain's Door (GV 17) -
Neck/Cervical issues, pain a/or stiffness of the neck, heaviness of the head, headache, dizziness.
Epilepsy, mania, lockjaw, loss of voice.
Eye pain, excessive lacrimation.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect …
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewWind Screen (TH 17) - Wind problems deriving from internal or external sources, Bell's palsy.
Ear problems, tinnitus, deafness, acute earache due to wind cold
- ViewJade Pillow (UB 9) - Expels wind-cold - nasal congestion, chills and fever, headaches from wind.
Occipital headaches and/or neck pain, heavy head.
Eye pain and/or redness, blurry vision.
Unbalanced temperature/sweating - cold sensation in head with sweats, …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
ST 12, T6 huatuo, KD 24, KD 25, PC 6, T7 huatuo
- ViewSides of Spine at T6 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T6) - T6 innervates the diaphragm, used for a range of respiratory issues, asthma, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.. Also used for esophageal issues (more on the left side) including a supporting role in some types of reflux and other dige…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewSpirit Ruins (KD 24) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing.
Breast distention - moves qi stagnation in the chest.
Palpitations, abdominal bloating, panic attacks arising from digestive issues.
- ViewSpirit Storehouse (KD 25) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing.
Vomiting, reflux, digestive issues - harmonize stomach.
- ViewInner Pass (PC 6) - Similar to PC 3 but more for Chronic Heart symptoms from Qi stagnation.
Opens and relaxes the chest, chest tightness, asthma, angina, palpitations.
Insomnia a/or other spirit disorders of an excess or deficient nature, mania, nervousness…
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …