Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Diarrhea
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing diarrhea. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Diarrhea may involve patterns such as -
kidney yang deficiency,
liver attacking the spleen,
spleen qi deficiency,
stomach food stagnation,
stomach qi deficiency
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T2 huatuo, T8 huatuo, T12 huatuo (left), CV 12, L1 huatuo, L2 huatuo, LI 18
- ViewCentral Venter (CV 12) - CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues, whereas CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues and CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues.
ST patterns arising from an excess or a deficiency, tonify deficient SP patterns (moxa useful) - nearly…
- ViewSides of Spine at L1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L1) - L1 innervates and influences the adrenal gland, the testis or the vagina areas. It is used for a range of hormonal issues including menstrual issues, PMS, fertility issues, sexual issues, etc.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing Sys…
- ViewSides of Spine at L2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT L2) - L2 innervates and influences the kidneys and kidney system in Chinese Medicine terms, the seminal vesicles in men and the uterine tube in women. The kidney system involves the thyroid, the sex hormones, the bone and bone marrow, according…
- ViewSides of Spine at T12 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T12) - T12 innervates the transverse colon and is used for colon issues such as constipation, diarrhea, or colon cancer.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren thera…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T8 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T8) - T8 (Left) innervates the esophagus and is used for conditions such as reflux and a range of digestive issues worsened by poor diet and drinking too many fluids with meals. Also useful as support points for leg and foot problems.
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
ST 10, ST 37, CV 6, ST 25
- ViewSea of Qi (CV 6) -
Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nig…
- ViewWater Prominence (ST 10) - Local point - swollen/sore throat, shortness of breath, goitre, scrofula.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the common carotid artery and the vagus nerve. Useful for issues such as high cholesterol, const…
- ViewCelestial Pivot (ST 25) - All intestinal issues - constipation, diarrhea, dysentary, distention, pain, masses/accumulations of any type.
Irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, fibroids/cysts, fertility issues and leukorrhea.
Connects the Upper and Lower Wa…
- ViewUpper Great Hollow (ST 37) - Generally for excess and more acute disorders of the intestines and digestive system involving dampness and/or heat - diarrhea, dysentary, boborygmus, abdominal pain, bloating, distention, constipation.
Sea of Blood Point - if excess the …