Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Digestive Issues
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing digestive issues. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
TH 20, LI 18, T8 huatuo (left), T9 huatuo, T10 huatuo, LI 17
- ViewSides of Spine at T10 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T10) - T10 (Left) innervates the gall bladder and is used for issues such as gallstones, high cholesterol and other digestive issues.
T10 (Right) innervates the bile duct and is used for gallbladder/bile duct related issues.
Used extensively wi…
- ViewSides of Spine at T8 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T8) - T8 (Left) innervates the esophagus and is used for conditions such as reflux and a range of digestive issues worsened by poor diet and drinking too many fluids with meals. Also useful as support points for leg and foot problems.
- ViewSides of Spine at T9 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T9) - T9 (Left) innervates the stomach and is used for a range of digestive issues including gas, bloating, ulcers and heartburn as well as stomach cancer.
T9 (Right) innervates the liver and is used for a range of physical liver as well as liv…
- ViewCelestial Tripod (LI 17) - Sore throat, loss of voice, sensation of something "stuck" in the throat ("plum pit qi").
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the carotid artery. The left side is used more for physical complaints and the r…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewAngle Vertex (TH 20) - Local Point.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
CV 12, ST 36, ST 10, ST 11, KD 22
- ViewCentral Venter (CV 12) - CV 12 is useful for middle warmer issues, whereas CV 10 is useful for lower warmer issues and CV 13 is useful for upper warmer issues.
ST patterns arising from an excess or a deficiency, tonify deficient SP patterns (moxa useful) - nearly…
- ViewCorridor Walk (KD 22) - Local Point, generally useful for cough, chest tension, constricted breathing
- ViewWater Prominence (ST 10) - Local point - swollen/sore throat, shortness of breath, goitre, scrofula.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the common carotid artery and the vagus nerve. Useful for issues such as high cholesterol, const…
- ViewQi Abode (ST 11) - Local point - sore/swollen throat - counterflow qi, cough, hiccups, reflux.
Neck pain - pain, inability to turn neck.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Main point to open the circulation of the common carotid artery. Useful for conditions su…
- ViewLeg Three Li (ST 36) - Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.