Tam Healing And Tong Ren Therapy For Crohn's Disease
The areas and points listed below are those that may be involved diagnostically (i.e. "blocked") in those experiencing crohn's disease. The Tom Tam / Tong Ren Therapy system is heavily focused on the scalp and huatuojiaji points along the spine.
These areas may be utilized regardless of treatment technique. That is, whether you use acupuncture, massage, qigong and/or tongren - the focus remains directed towards improving circulation in the designated areas.
For acupuncture specifically, treatments within this style would combine these areas with more traditional points based on the overall diagnosis in Chinese Medicine terms.
Crohn'S Disease may involve patterns such as -
large intestine blood stagnation,
large intestine damp heat,
spleen and stomach damp heat,
spleen invasion - cold damp,
spleen qi deficiency,
spleen qi sinking
Within an acupuncture session, most often qi gong, acupuncture and tuina would be applied towards the major points in the neck and spine as appropriate.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Primary
T1 huatuo, T2 huatuo, T3 huatuo, T7 huatuo, T11 huatuo, T12 huatuo, TH 20, LI 18
- ViewSides of Spine at T1 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T1) - T1 innervates the windpipe and affects the bone marrow, used for a range of lung and immune issues (with T2 and T3), a range of neck issues, releasing exterior heat (colds/flus/fever), neck and shoulder problems. T1, T2 and T3 are used fo…
- ViewSides of Spine at T11 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T11) - T11 innervates the small intestine and is used for a range of digestive and assimilation issues and with related factors edema in the abdomen or lower part of the body.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy.…
- ViewSides of Spine at T12 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T12) - T12 innervates the transverse colon and is used for colon issues such as constipation, diarrhea, or colon cancer.
Used extensively within the Tam Healing System and Tong Ren Therapy. May be needled and used with tuina and/or tonren thera…
- ViewSides of Spine at T2 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T2) - T2 innervates the bronchus and thymus gland and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T3), including symptoms such as chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. T1, T2 and T3 are used for a range of immune and autoimmune conditions with…
- ViewSides of Spine at T3 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T3) - T3 innervates the lung and lymph systems and is used for a range of immune issues (with T1 and T2), including symptoms such as allergies, asthma, chest pain, cough, voice issues, lyme disease, and frequent infections. T1, T2 and T3 are us…
- ViewSides of Spine at T7 (EX HUATUOJIAJI AT T7) - T7 (Left) innervates the spleen and is an important point for any blood related issues - both in terms of circulation but also in terms of disease. Due to the role in body fluids and blood a range of issues that are more prominent at nigh…
- ViewProtuberance Assistant (LI 18) - Window of the Sky Point for sudden loss of voice with qi obstruction in the throat.
High blood pressure, for which Window of the Sky Points are sometimes indicated, may also be useful for low blood pressure.
Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: …
- ViewAngle Vertex (TH 20) - Local Point.
Treatment Areas of Focus - Secondary
ST 12, CV 6, ST 25, ST 36
- ViewSea of Qi (CV 6) -
Generally, useful for Qi tonification.
Women's health - hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation / cramps), amenorrhea, leukorrhea.
Men's health - impotence, seminal emission, nig…
- ViewEmpty Basin (ST 12) - Shoulder pain (esp. that radiates to neck).
Neck/throat issues - tightness/pain.
Cough, counterflow qi, sore, swollen throat (rebellious lung qi).
Internal branch of the ST meridian connects here directly from the Stomach, Spleen & …
- ViewCelestial Pivot (ST 25) - All intestinal issues - constipation, diarrhea, dysentary, distention, pain, masses/accumulations of any type.
Irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, fibroids/cysts, fertility issues and leukorrhea.
Connects the Upper and Lower Wa…
- ViewLeg Three Li (ST 36) - Tonify deficient Qi a/or Blood.
Tonify Wei Qi and Qi overall - low immunity, chronic illness, poor digestion, general weakness, particularly with moxibustion, very important acupuncture point for building and maintaining overall health.